Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Summer Sweets


I was rushing through Costco last week and grabbed 2 quarts of heavy whipping cream instead of half n half.  What was I going to do with 2 quarts of heavy whipping cream!?!?  All I could think of was ice cream, but we don't have an ice cream churn. My husband emailed me this recipe for homemade ice cream that doesn't need to be churned.  So my daughter and I tested this out.  All we needed was 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, vanilla and sweetened condensed milk.  We made 2 batches separately then added 1 peach to one batch and added a Starbucks VIA blonde roast packet;instant coffee; to another to make our Ice cream a little more delicious!!  The only thing I'd change is if you are making the original recipe you may want to add less sweetened condensed milk.  I though the peach ice cream was very sweet, but the coffee was a perfect balance. The coffee ice cream reminded me of the Turkey Hill Coffee Ice Cream.  We grown ups really liked that.

No Churn Ice Cream
Recipe By Everyday Food on Yahoo.com

Ingredients 
 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk 
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
2 cups cold heavy cream 

Directions 
 In a medium bowl, stir condensed milk and vanilla. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, 3 minutes. With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.Then add any extras like peaches, strawberries,or 1 Starbucks VIA Blonde Roast Packet. e Creative!  Pour into a 4 1/2-by-8 1/2-inch loaf pan. Freeze until firm, 6 hours. 


Enjoy a cold treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment